Wooden cabinets get dirty, fast in the Kitchen. Don’t think much about sanitize wood cabinets so stay calm and focused on the cleaning task step by step. As you have grease on the cabinet when you cook. You spill mostly the food items and oil on them. In fact, you can fight the grime, grease, and dirt to make the cabinets look the best with the simple guide on how to clean and shine wooden cabinets.
It depends on you whether you use a commercial cleaner available in the store on the use of homemade cleaners to clean the wooden cabinets from the ingredients available in the kitchen as they are eco-friendly, effective and most affordable cleaning solutions.
Vinegar is a commonly used natural cleaner when it comes to how to clean greasy cabinets. Make and mix a 50/50 solution of vinegar and warm water and put it into a spray bottle. Spray on the cabinets, let it stay for a minute or two and wipe it clean with a soft microfiber cloth. By adding a few drops of liquid washing solution to the vinegar and water will help to clean extremely greasy and dirty cabinets.
Steps to Follow
Whatever cleaner you might choose, the basic steps of how to clean wood cabinets remain the same:
- Use a soft microfiber clean cloth or sponge to clean and wipe the cleaner on the outside of the cabinet door and drawer. You may need to use a little solution to remove heavy grease and grime.
- Spray the cleaner on the drawer pulls and door handles and wipes the cleaner.
- Use a toothbrush soaked in the cleaner to scrub the hardware, the wood around the hardware.
- Wipe and clean down the cleaner on the inside of the doors and drawers.
- Use a second cloth soaked in clean water to remove the cleaner from all surfaces.
- Dry all the surfaces with a clean towel.
If you have stubborn stains on the wooden cabinets make a paste of vinegar and salt. Dip the toothbrush into the paste and gently and very lightly scrub the stained area. Do not scrub it very hard as it will scratch the wood. Rinse and clean the paste off with clean water and dry it off with a clean microfiber cloth.
Now you know very well clean on how to clean the sanitize wood cabinets, now you can protect them from future stains. Mix the vegetable oil and vinegar in equal amount and apply it lightly and gently on the cabinet surfaces. Clean it with a soft cloth till it shines. Here you go and you are done.